READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
Seat Belt Extender Pros is not a company but a brand. Seat Belt Extender Pros is operated by Nemoda SEZC, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Nemoda”) with all rights reserved.
1. Do not use the car seat belt extender until you have read and understood, acknowledged, and agreed to the notices, waivers, warnings, and disclaimers contained herein. Use and purchase of the extender constitutes acknowledgment and agreement to be bound by all of the following: The user and all related parties including the purchaser, buyer, among others (“User”) recognizes the dangers of using seat belt extenders and those contained in this disclaimer and knowingly accepts the assumption of risk and liability associated with using the extender. Be advised that these disclaimers and warnings are not meant to replace any governmental or any manufacturer information, disclaimers, and warnings, but are in addition to and used to provide clarity regarding the product and services provided herein. Regardless of the warnings, notices, and disclaimers herein, the User acknowledges that they shall comply with all governmental laws and follow the manufacturer’s vehicle manual regarding the use of this product.
2. Mandatory seat belt extender registration: You must register every seat belt extender in your possession in order to be contacted in the event of an update to your product or this information. Register online here: http://seatbeltextenderpros.com/registration. Failure to register your product shall result in you waiving access to information about any updates regarding your product and its warnings and will result in your further assumption of all related liability.
3. Seat belt extenders are only for use by those who otherwise cannot wear a seat belt as required by each User’s country, state, region and/or local municipality. However, read and abide by your vehicle manufacturer’s owner’s manual prior to installation or use of this product, as the product may not be used with certain vehicles, certain manufacturers, certain car seats, booster seats, children, pregnant women, or other apparatuses and or certain applicable laws. Adults and children who can use the vehicle’s existing seat belt should not use an extender. Such unnecessary use, including with child restraints, could result in serious personal injury or death.
4. Information, products and services made available are provided on an entirely "as is" and "as available" basis. Nemoda is a reseller of seat belt extenders and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied or for any fitness for a particular use. Nemoda expressly disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or use, or compatibility, accuracy, security, or non-infringement. Nemoda is not a manufacturer of the products it sells, including seat belt extenders. Nemoda is merely a distributor, and neither it nor its licensees, assigns, or affiliates in any way alter, modify, or change the products or packaging that it receives from manufacturers or affiliates.
5. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Nemoda and its affiliates, assigns, licensees, and representatives from any liability or damages of any kind including, but not limited to direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages arising from the use of the product and website where the product was purchased, researched or otherwise found, from the product itself or from any information, content, materials, products or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the website, communications with representatives, blogs or other written materials of Nemoda, Seat Belt Extender Pros or resellers of this product.
6. You are responsible for knowing the safety standards in your country, state, region and/or local municipality. Seat Belt Extender Pros cannot supply information about safety regulations that govern your area. Seat Belt Extender Pros extenders are tested according to E-mark regulations pertaining to three-point seat belts. The E-Mark certificate number on extenders is based on and issued for three-point seat belts in the absence of seat belt extender-specific standards.
7. Do not use seat belt extenders in a fashion for which they are not intended. User agrees that use of the seat belt extender is at their own risk. Do not use the seat belt extender unless it is physically required in order to wear the vehicle’s safety belt as required by each User’s country, state, region and/or local municipality. Never use the extender if it releases on either side without depressing the receptacles’ release button on the extender or the seat belt. Test all functionality thoroughly before use. Do not alter the seat belt extender. Do not force the metal tongue of the extender or the vehicle’s seat belt's metal tongue into the receptacle of the other. Do not use the extender to change the fit of the shoulder belt across the torso. Never use the extender when lap strap will not adjust snugly on hips. Never use the extender before reading and abiding by manufacturer’s label and tag attached to or on the extender. Never give a used extender to someone else. Never use a second-hand seat belt extender or a seat belt extender about which you do not know the history. Never use the extender without buckling and unbuckling it before each use as described in your vehicle’s manufacturer’s owner’s manual about seat belt buckling. Do not use the extender to connect the seat belts of two different seats. Never use an extender that adds more length than the minimum additional length necessary to buckle up where it is otherwise physically impossible. Extenders are not for use with child restraints such as booster seats and car seats or children under a certain weight and size (see your vehicle manufacturer’s manual, child restraint manual, and all applicable laws). Extenders are not for use by those who are pregnant. Do not let others install or use the seat belt extender in any vehicle. The extender should never be resold. Extenders are not for use with non-retractable seat belts. No seat belt extender can guarantee protection from injury, and thus User knowingly assumes all risks of using the extender, and specifically any use of the extender prohibited herein.
8. No extender is ever guaranteed to click, securely latch, fit or work in or with any seat belt in or with any vehicle, regardless of how the extender was purchased or obtained. This includes but is not limited to, among all other purchase or acquisition methods, extenders acquired based on vehicle-specific details of a vehicle such as make, model, year and/or seat or suggestions by any representative or affiliate of Nemoda or the company from which the extender was purchased or obtained.
9. User is solely responsible for determining whether the extender, as an after-market product, is the proper fit, securely latched, or should be used at all, including compliance with all relevant motor safety regulations, vehicle manufacturer instructions, and your vehicle’s manual. User agrees to be solely responsible for any related consequences, damages or losses that may result from the use of the extender. User agrees that no methods, means or suggestions offered anywhere, including but not limited to any website, blog, written materials or by any agent of Nemoda, Seat Belt Extender Pros or re-seller of Seat Belt Extender Pros branded products, of determining potential fitment, security or correctness of the seat belt extender is a sufficient or exhaustive means of determining a secure latch, click, or fit and cannot be relied upon in any way. It is your sole responsibility to determine correct fitment, clicking, secure latching and whether the extender should be used in a particular vehicle, seat belt, or location regardless of information provided by any website, blog, representative, person, or other source of information.
10. If available, only use an extender supplied by the manufacturer of the vehicle you need to use the extender in. If available, only use an extender manufactured by the same manufacturer as the safety belt.
11. Do not modify or alter the extender or your vehicle’s seat belt in any way. Do not use the extender with any other products or devices that alter any part of or the entire seat belt assembly and/or seat belt extender configuration. The use, introduction or incorporation of any other product or device may impede the seat belt assembly and seat belt extender’s functionality and/or use. Do not use the extender if the seat belt in your vehicle where you intend to use the extender has been changed, retrofitted, or altered in any way.
12. Inspect and test the extender before each use. Store the extender safely when not in use.
13. Clean and maintain extender in accordance with the instructions for seat belt maintenance in your vehicle owner’s manual.
14. If a seat belt or extender release button does not depress, function or remain clean, stop using the extender. For seat belt extender maintenance, refer to your vehicle owner’s manual's seat belt maintenance instructions.
15. Make sure User maintains access to your vehicle’s seat belt receptacle and the extender's receptacle at all times.
16. Stop using the extender if the stitching or the webbing is or becomes loose or frayed or the integrity of the extender is or becomes compromised in any way. Stop using the extender after a crash of any kind or magnitude. A crash can cause damage to the seat belt extender that is not visible or noticeable. If the extender was not in use at the time of a crash, do not resume using the extender after the crash until a certified agent of your vehicle’s manufacturer inspects and approves your vehicle’s seat belts. Stop using the extender after three (3) years.
17. This information should be kept with the extender for reference regarding the use of the extender every time it is utilized.
18. Failure to properly secure or securely latch your seat belt and your seat belt extender in your vehicle increases the risk of serious injury or death in the event of, but not limited to, a sharp turn, sudden stop, or crash.
19. Notwithstanding the above, do not use the extender if it or its use in any manner conflicts with the owner’s manual for the particular vehicle in which the extender is being used or intended to be used or with the manual of any other device or product being used in or with that vehicle. User agrees and acknowledges that they have read the vehicle’s owner’s manual where the extender is being used or intended to be used or contacted the vehicle manufacturer directly in the event that the owner's manual lacks information about extenders or the User had or has any question about the extender or its use.
20. If any information provided elsewhere by Nemoda or its affiliates or representatives is not in agreement with the information herein, this information shall govern, with the controlling version of this text appearing at seatbeltextenderpros.com/disclaimer. All products, product specifications, data, and the entirety of this and all other texts are subject to change without notice. Failure to read and abide by these notices, waivers, disclaimers, and warnings regarding purchase, use and installation of the seat belt extender could result in serious injury or death in the event of, but not limited to, a sharp turn, sudden stop, or crash.
21. If any issue arises or exists with the seat belt extender, including but not limited to all of the above, cease using your extender immediately.
This disclaimer was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this disclaimer conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
Last modified: October 31, 2019