Notice, Waiver, Warning, and Disclaimer
READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
1. Do not use the airplane seat belt extender until you read and understand the notices, waivers, warnings and disclaimers contained herein. Use and purchase of the extender constitutes acknowledgment and agreement to the following:
2. Mandatory seat belt extender registration: You must register every seat belt extender in your possession in order to be contacted in the event of an update to your product purchase or this information. Register online here: http://seatbeltextenderpros.com/registration.
3. Seat belt extenders are only for use by those who otherwise cannot wear a seat belt as required by each user’s country, state, region and/or local municipality. However, read and abide by the airline's instructions prior to installation or use of this product. Adults and children who can use the airplane's existing seat belt should not use an extender. Such unnecessary use, including with child restraints, could result in serious personal injury or death.
4. Information, products and services made available are provided on an entirely "as is" and "as available" basis. Seat Belt Extender Pros is a re-seller of seat belt extenders and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied. Seat Belt Extender Pros disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, accuracy, security, or non-infringement.
5. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Seat Belt Extender Pros from any liability or damages of any kind including, but not limited to direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages arising from the use of the website where the product was purchased, researched or otherwise found, from the product itself or from any information, content, materials, products or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the website, communications with representatives, blogs or other written materials of Seat Belt Extender Pros or re-sellers of Seat Belt Extender Pros branded products.
6. You are responsible for knowing the safety standards in your country, state, region and/or local municipality. Seat Belt Extender Pros cannot supply information about safety regulations that govern your area.
7. Do not use seat belt extenders in a fashion for which they are not intended. You agree that use of the seat belt extender is at your own risk. Do not use the seat belt extender unless it is physically required in order to wear the airplane's safety belt as required by each user’s country, state, region and/or local municipality. Never use the extender if it releases on either side without you lifting the release flap on the extender or the seat belt. Do not alter the seat belt extender. Do not force the metal tongue of the extender or the airline's seat belt's metal tongue into the receptacle of the other. Do not use the extender to change the fit of the seat belt across the lap. Never use the extender when lap strap will not adjust snugly on hips. Never use the extender before reading and abiding by manufacturer’s label and tag attached to or on the extender. Never give a used extender to someone else. Never use a second-hand seat belt extender or a seat belt extender about which you do not know the history. Never use the extender without buckling and unbuckling it before each use as described by the airline's safety information about seat belt buckling. Do not use the extender to connect the seat belts of two different seats. Never use an extender that adds more length than the minimum additional length necessary to buckle up where it is otherwise physically impossible. Extenders are not for use with child restraints or by those who are pregnant. The extender should never be resold. No seat belt extender can guarantee protection from injury.
8. No extender is ever guaranteed to click, securely latch, fit or work in or with any seat belt in or with any airline, regardless of how the extender was purchased or obtained. This includes but is not limited to, among all other purchase or acquisition methods, extenders acquired based on airline-specific details or suggestions by any representative or affiliate of Seat Belt Extender Pros or the company from which the extender was purchased or obtained.
9. User is solely responsible for determining whether the extender, as an after market product, is the proper fit, securely latched or should be used at all. User agrees to be solely responsible for any related consequences, damages or losses that may result from the use of the extender. User agrees that no methods, means or suggestions offered anywhere, including but not limited to any website, blog, written materials or by any agent of Seat Belt Extender Pros or re-seller of Seat Belt Extender Pros branded products, of determining potential fitment, security or correctness of the seat belt extender is a sufficient or exhaustive means of determining a secure latch, click or fit and cannot be relied upon in any way. Sole responsibility for determining correct fitment, clicking, secure latching and whether the extender should be used in a particular vehicle, seat belt or location lies with the user regardless of information provided by any web site, blog, or other source of information.
10. When available, only use an extender supplied by the airline that you are flying. When available, only use an extender manufactured by the same supplier as the safety belt.
11. Do not modify or alter the extender or the airplane's seat belt in any way. Do not use the extender with any other products or devices that alter any part of or the entire seat belt assembly and/or seat belt extender configuration. The use, introduction or incorporation of any other product or device may impede the seat belt assembly and seat belt extender’s functionality. Do not use the extender if the seat belt in the airplane where you intend to use the extender has been changed, retrofitted or altered in any way.
12. Inspect the extender before each use.
13. Clean as necessary and maintain extender in accordance with the instructions for seat belt maintenance as outlined by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) and any other organization, body or agency that has jurisdiction over the user or the territories where the user is traveling.
14. If a seat belt or extender release flap does not lift, function or remain clean, stop using the extender. For seat belt extender maintenance, refer to the rules and guidelines of the the airline on which the extender is being used as well as the ICAO, FAA, EASA, CAAC and any other organization, body or agency that has jurisdiction over the user or the territories where the user is traveling.
15. Make sure you maintain access to your seat belt receptacle and the extender's receptacle at all times in case you need to access either in the event of an emergency.
16. Stop using the extender if the stitching or the webbing is or becomes loose or frayed or the integrity of the extender is or becomes compromised in any way. Stop using the extender after a crash of any kind or magnitude. A crash can cause damage to the seat belt extender that you cannot see. If the extender was not in use at the time of a crash, do not resume using the extender after said crash until a certified agent inspects and approves the airplane's seat belts. Stop using the extender after five (5) years.
17. This information should be kept with the extender for reference regarding the use of the extender every time it is utilized.
18. Failure to properly secure or securely latch your seat belt and your seat belt extender increases the risk of serious injury or death in the event of, but not limited to, a sharp drop in altitude, sudden stop, or crash.
19. Notwithstanding the above do not use the extender if it or its use in any manner conflicts with the instructions of the airline or its representatives in which you intend to use the product. User agrees and acknowledges that he or she has confirmedd with the airline the acceptability of the extender's use where the extender is intended to be used or contacted the airline directly about any question regarding the extender or its use. The mention of specific airlines is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement by any airline company or brand. Airlines reserve the right to refuse the use of any extender but what they provide. Reseller of airplane seat belt extenders.
20. If any information provided elsewhere by Seat Belt Extender Pros or its affiliates is not in agreement with the information herein, this information shall govern. All product, product specifications and data are subject to change without notice. Failure to read and abide by these notices, waivers, disclaimers, and warnings regarding purchase, use and installation of the seat belt extender could result in serious injury or death in the event of, but not limited to, a sudden change in altitutde, sudden stop, or crash.
21. If any issue exists with the seat belt extender, cease using your extender immediately and contact Seat Belt Extender Pros at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This disclaimer was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this disclaimer conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
Last modified: September 2, 2015